Last modified: November 7, 2018
- We at Careerlist, Inc. (“We” or Careerlist”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy during your use of the Careerlist Site (the “Site”) as well as the services and content offered through the Site (together with the Site, the “Services”).
- Individuals seeking careers, employment opportunities, or networking opportunities may register as users of the Services and may then use the Site and Services to apply for membership in the Careerlist network as “Talent”.
- Employer organizations that are accepted as Members of the Careerlist network (“Employers”) may designate one or more individuals employed by the employer organization as “Leaders” and “Administrators” in order to use the Careerlist Services to connect with Talent on behalf of the Employers.
- Registered users who are accepted as Talent or Employers are considered “Members” of the Careerlist network who have full access to our Services.
- This policy applies to information we collect on this Site, in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Site, and through any mobile or other applications you download from this Site.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- If you register with Careerlist as a user of the Services, and if you apply to be a Talent Member, we may collect your name, email address, user account password, a copy of your resume, information from any social media or other profile that you provide (e.g. your LinkedIn profile), and the answers to some limited profile-related questions that assist in determining an ideal employer culture.
- Talent Members or applicants may also provide additional content that they choose to include in their profile.
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, resume, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that you may provide through messages, your answers to profile-related questions, information from third party social sites as a result of your use of a social log-in, information from websites linked to by you (e.g. your LinkedIn site or your personal website), the video interview that is recorded by or for Careerlist and any other identifier by which you may be identified or contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as work or education history; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
- We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the site.
- When you interact with us through a social media site or third party service, such as when you like, follow or share Careerlist content on any third party social network, we may receive certain Information from the social network including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive from these third party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Site or Service.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site or Services may include:
Information that you provide as set out above, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, your resume and related information, information collected by us as a part of your interview, and as a part of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for user experience research purposes.
Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Services such as Employers (“Contributions”). Your Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, Internet connection, operating system, browser type, browsing actions and patterns, traffic data, IP addresses, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Services, including to communicate with you and to allow you to communicate with Talent, Employers and other users through our Services.
- To support the Services, including through Service related emails or messages such as messages related to account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices.
- To publish feedback and testimonials that we may receive from you with your consent.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with newsletters, surveys offers or other promotional features such as referral programs.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To Employer Members of the Careerlist Services.
- To employers who are not Employer Members of the Careerlist Services where you have indicated an interest in being connected with such employers to Careerlist, including where Careerlist has matched you with such employers based on your employment and employer preferences. If you have elected to have Careerlist provide your personal information to such employers, you may opt of such data sharing at any time by accessing your privacy settings within your profile.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Careerlist’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Careerlist about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Careerlist, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
- You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- If you delete your Contributions from the Site, copies of your Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Site or Service users.
- We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
- The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
- Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.